Do you want to hunt moose in Canada? So do our friends at North Star Outfitters in Alberta, Canada!
Our hunting area is about 500,000 acres of farm land, fringe, and the deep woods. The area we hunt makes this a relatively easy hunt and not physically challenging.
Moose rut hunt for rifle and archery hunters.
- The moose are very active this time of year and respond very well to cow calls.
- The larger bulls are usually taken on this hunt averaging 40 inches.
- We take a minimum number of hunters per season during this time to keep success rates very high.
- Our rut moose hunt can also be combined with our fall black bear hunts. for rifle and bow hunters.
November post-rut moose hunts are for rifle hunters only.
- This is a great time to hunt Alberta moose. After the rut is over the bulls are more social, often seen in bachelor groups.
- Moose don’t move very much this time of year as they are feeding to replenishing body fat lost during the rut period.
- Bigger bulls favour areas with the heavier cover and hunting the forest edge, deep woods and open logged areas you will have a better chance at seeing a 40+ inch moose.
- November moose hunt can be combined with a whitetail deer rut hunt where you will hunt these trophies in the forest edge and farmland.
We have a select few moose tags in remote northern Alberta, only accessible by plane. Because this area is so remote you will have an opportunity at a 50″+ bull.